Help Desk Technician & Network Administration Support
This is a key role reporting to the Head: IT Shared Service
To support and maintain the desktop infrastructure by analysing requirements, diagnosing problems, installing hardware and software applications and escalating issues, where required. To support the Network Administrator in ensuring the security, availability and performance of the infrastructure that hosts and processes the SABRIC’s business systems, is maintained to agreed service levels.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology
- MCSE Windows 2012 R2, 2016 or higher
- RedHat Linux
- ITIL Foundations
- At least 5 years’ current experience as a 1st level desktop support technician at a medium-sized business
- At least 5 years’ current experience as a Network Administrator on a complex network
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Installation of printers & scanners
- Microsoft Office 365
- Installation of 3rd Party desktop software
- Intermediate level knowledge of ITIL Operational Support and Analysis, and Release, Control and Validation principles
- Above average ability to research and attend to both desktop and network infrastructure related issues
- Experience in both ITIL Operational Support and Analysis, and Release, Control and Validation (Advantageous)
- Ability to learn and support new technology quickly
- Intermediate understanding of VPN’s and remote access
- Intermediate Linux, VMWare and Hyper-V experience
- Act as the first point of contact for internal and external users seeking technical assistance.
- Provide first level support for desktop hardware and software to the end users’ satisfaction.
- Communicate with users, the Network Administrator and Security Administrator frequently regarding issues in progress.
- Manage the help desk and assign calls to IT staff.
- Assign calls to the relevant resources and communicate status to users.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests, escalating them when necessary.
- Troubleshoot technical issues experienced at the user’s workstation and in meeting rooms.
- Set up workstations for new users and re-install existing workstations.
- Perform workstation hardware and software upgrades when required,
- Document, review, and update desktop procedures.
Network Administration Support
- Support the Network Administrator to:
- Install, configure, and maintain IT infrastructure including development, UAT, Backup and Production environments
- Manage availability, capacity and performance of IT infrastructure and contribute to continuous service improvement initiatives
- Manage problems through to resolution, troubleshoot technical issues and implement workarounds and solutions
- Document and review network infrastructure configurations, work arounds and assets to facilitate the transfer of knowledge within the Infrastructure unit
- Ensure IT infrastructure, processes and procedures are reviewed and updated regularly
- Ensure Continuity of IT Services, assist with disaster recovery tests, keep the battle box up to date, and manage backups and replication according to agreed service levels
- Serve as a backup for the Security Administrator and perform their roles when required
- Support the IT Shared Services capability providing support to other roles within the unit ensuring they perform their roles without impediment and providing technical assistance when required
Behaviours and Competencies:
- High sense of ethics and integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs
- Excellent communications skills, including, oral, written, presentation and listening
- Self-driven, goal oriented with a positive attitude, and a clear focus on secure service delivery
- Mature, credible, reliable, well presented and business like, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to set goals and push through to achieve them
- Ability to work well alone or as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Organised with an above average ability to plan well
- Analytical and capable of identifying and solving problems
- Keen for new experience and responsibility
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work remotely with stable internet connectivity
- Able to commute reliably to office
- Must have a vehicle and driver’s licence
- Able to work extended hours when required
Remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with qualifications, experience and level of competence. Forward you’re CV to email@example.com on or before 22 January 2021. Should you not be contacted by 29 January 2021 please consider your application as unsuccessful.
By applying for this position at SABRIC, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SABRIC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SABRIC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified