SABRIC is a Non-Profit Company based in Midrand, established to combat crime in the Banking & Cash in Transit industries.
The company facilitates interbank collaboration and interfaces with a range of external organisations and public and private partners, most notably to progress crime risk mitigation initiatives.
The company has a challenging opportunity and is looking to appoint an Accountant
This is a key role reporting to Corporate Governance.
To enhance the financial position of the organisation and provide information to management by researching and analysing accounting data and preparing accurate reports to enable decision making.
BCom Accounting degree, CA (SA) or equivalent
Five years’ experience in the accounting field up to Balance Sheet
Knowledge & Skills Required:
Must have Accpac experience
Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Supervise the Bookkeeper
- Review processing up to Trial Balance
- Process and reconcile bank statements
- Prepare and process journals
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Management of fixed assets
- Electronic fund transfers
- Resolution of finance queries
- Manage and facilitate the renewal of insurance policies and claims
- Drive process automation where possible
- Develops, communicates, and regularly updates policies, procedures and processes
- Financial control to ensure usefulness and integrity of data and manage risk
- Evaluates systems for management control, identify deficiency and take corrective action
- Develop and maintain effective internal control infrastructure
- VAT & EMP 201 reconciliation and submission to SARS on the due date
- Regularly update and maintain legislature
- Internal auditing
Budget & Auditing
- Assist with budget preparation and budget projections
- Monitor budget vs actual
- All policies and procedures are adhere to
- Ensure all recons are updated and authorised prior to audit
- Assist the Auditors with year-end requirements, subsequent testing, and queries
- Ensure finalization of the Annual Financial Statements.
Adhere to all Financial policies, follows relevant pre-defined processes.
Create new policies where required.
Audits complete with a satisfactory achievement rating.
High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs
Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
Ability to work collaboratively in a team
Interpersonal and communication (both oral and written skills)
Attention to Detail
Must have a vehicle and driver’s license. Under normal operating conditions, this role will work to the usual organizational policies and norms. Able to work extended hours when required. Ability to work remotely.
Remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with qualifications, experience and level of competence. Forward you’re CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 7th May 2021. Should you not be contacted by 14th May 2021 please consider your application as unsuccessful
By applying for this position at SABRIC, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SABRIC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SABRIC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified