EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR 2019
A leader in combating organised crime in the Banking Industry. SABRIC is a Non-Profit Company based in Midrand, established to combat crime in the Banking & Cash in Transit industries.
The company interfaces with a range of external organisations and public and private partners, most notably to progress crime risk reduction activities.
ADVISORY SERVICES CONSULTANT
This is a key role reporting to the Head: Strategic Services
This position is responsible for providing SABRIC members and Management with accurate and timely advice regarding legislation, regulations, policies and guidelines applicable to a variety of crime combating related topics. The consultant will maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, national policy and strategic objectives of SABRIC members that impact the crime combating efforts of both the banking industry and the wider collaboration among stakeholders. The consultant will provide strategic and legal advisory services by researching and drafting opinions or submissions in support of advocacy and lobbying by the industry. Where mandated, the consultant will represent the banking industry in this regard. Advisory support will further be provided to SABRIC management and internal staff. To succeed in this role, the consultant must be an excellent communicator, able to work both independently and be a team player and build rapport with internal and external clients. The consultant must be a strategic thinker with an analytical mind and have strong problem-solving skills.
- BA degree in law
- 3 years to 5 years minimum experience as a legal advisor in a corporate environment
- Experience in drafting of legal opinions and submissions
- Good understanding of risk management within the financial services sector including corporate governance issues
- Establish relationships with SABRIC members, partners and stakeholders and act as a trusted advisor who understands their needs and requirements
- Become a strategic partner to SABRIC members, partners and stakeholder by keeping up to date with their challenges and opportunities and ensuring that they benefit from the SABRIC value proposition
- Stay abreast of applicable legislation, regulations, policies and guidelines both locally and globally
- Conduct research and analysis of legal or crime risk questions posed by the industry or management
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations relating to the combating of organized crime and related areas
- Advise and prepare legal opinions or submissions on pertinent issues of strategic importance to SABRIC members and management
- Present facts in writing and verbally to SABRIC members and others and argue on their behalf when required
- Facilitate collaboration amongst SABRIC members to achieve strategic outcomes
- Interaction with SABRIC members and stakeholders at all levels
- Prepare contributions for Operational and Board reports
- Provide legal advice to SABRIC management and operational teams
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in an energetic environment with multiple priorities
- Exemplary writing and editing skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet
- Excellent communication and analytical skills in both written and spoken English
- Excellent judgment and ability to anticipate legal issues or risks
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Overall broad legal knowledge and understanding of crime risk issues affecting the financial sector
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility
- Being objective in a matter
- Being able to distinguish facts from irrelevant detail
- Confident and decisive
- The ability to solve problems
- Discretion, diplomacy and tact
- Working well under pressure
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Customer-oriented mindset
- High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- Self-motivated /Self-starter
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Must have a vehicle and driver’s license. Under normal operating conditions, this role will work to the usual organizational policies and norms.
- Remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with qualifications, experience and level of competence. Forward your CV to email@example.com on or before 21 January 2019. Should you not be contacted by 8 February 2019 please consider your application as unsuccessful.
By applying for this position at SABRIC, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SABRIC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SABRIC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified