IT Help Desk Administrator
SABRIC is a Non-Profit Company based in Midrand, established to combat crime in the Banking & Cash in Transit industries.
The company facilitates interbank collaboration and interfaces with a range of external organisations and public and private partners, most notably to progress crime risk mitigation initiatives.
This is a key role reporting to the Head: IT Shared Services
To administer the Help Desk, ensure all support requests are captured in the help desk system; provide 1st line telephonic support to users; assign unresolved calls to relevant technical staff and ensure that technical staff attends to the calls within the time frames agreed.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology
- MCSE Windows 10 or higher
- A+ and/or N+
- At least 3 years current experience as a Help Desk Administrator and First level support technician at a medium sized company.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Good working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Installation of printers & scanners
- MS Office 2013 & 2016
- Installation of 3rd Party desktop software
- Understands IT service management processes;
- Ability to research desktop issues and discuss possible solutions with Network
- Requirements Analysis
- Administer and manage the help desk
- Be the first point of contact for users seeking IT related assistance, ensuring all requests are captured in the help desk
- Provide first level telephonic support to the end user’s satisfaction
- Assign 2nd and 3rd line support requests to the relevant technical resources, monitor progress and follow up with technical resource to ensure calls are attended to and closed within agreed times
- Communicate with users and technical staff frequently regarding the status of open calls
- Advise Help Desk Technician regarding changes to desktop procedures where applicable
- Assist Help Desk Technician with the setup of workstations for new users, as well as the re-installation of existing workstations where applicable
- Ensure that technical support is available in meeting rooms when required
- High sense of ethics and integrity
- Self-driven, goal oriented with a positive attitude, and a clear focus on secure service delivery
- Mature, credible, reliable, well presented and business like, with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure alone or as part of a team
- Organized, analytical and capable of identifying and solving problems
- Keen for new experience and responsibility
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must have a vehicle and driver’s license. Under normal operating conditions, this role will work to the usual organizational policies and norms. Able to work extended hours when required
- Remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with qualifications, experience and level of competence. Forward you’re CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11 March 2019. Should you not be contacted by 22 March 2019 please consider your application as unsuccessful
By applying for this position at SABRIC, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SABRIC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SABRIC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified