SABRIC is a Non-Profit Company based in Midrand, established to combat crime in the Banking & Cash in Transit industries.
The company facilitates interbank collaboration and interfaces with a range of external organisations and public and private partners, most notably to progress crime risk mitigation initiatives.
This is a key role reporting to the Head: Analytics & Insights Centre
To Identify and solve business problems and pursue business opportunities through a data-centric approach to produce industry-wide data insights (actionable and data-informed conclusions or predictions) that can be used to understand the banking/CIT crime environment, to assist business units in their crime detection, prevention and investigation efforts.
- Degree in: - BSc Computational & Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Math’s of Finance (Post Grad Preferable)
- Experience in in developing models and validation thereof
- Working in an analytical environment using programming language and platforms, such as R, Python, SAS, SQL
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Banks, Relationship Management, Service Delivery and IT to develop and understanding of business strategy and objectives, identifying the implications to define the data modelling goals for designated projects areas
- Data acquisition, data mining, and overall project management duties related to one or more existing analytics project areas
- Map and translate business problems into trackable analytical problems
- Analyse data across multiple systems, formats and provide analytics and information that provide integrated views necessary to assist with business concerns
- Perform formal quality assessment or requirements with business and project manager where applicable
- Develop and analyse analytical data sets across multiple sources of data, creating meaningful visualizations, design and implement creative approaches to predict modelling problems
- Design, develop and run model assessments, validation, enhancement activities and balancing procedures to ensure data integrity
Knowledge & Skills Required
- SQL, R, Python, SAS, Excel
- Basic knowledge of SQL Database administration and maintenance (advantageous)
- Knowledge of Data Mining, Machine Learning
- Statistical Knowledge (Correlation, multivariate regression etc.)
- Communication skills with an ability to understand key concepts and communicate with all lines of business and senior management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic, multicultural business environment
- High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- Self-motivated /Self-starter
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Must have a vehicle and driver’s license. Under normal operating conditions, this role will work to the usual organizational policies and norms
- Remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with qualifications, experience and level of competence. Forward you’re CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11 March 2019. Should you not be contacted by 22 March 2019 please consider your application as unsuccessful
By applying for this position at SABRIC, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SABRIC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SABRIC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified