The mobility of your cellphone allows you to bank at any time from practically anywhere. It is a safe way of doing your banking as it relies on encrypted SMS messages or secure WAP connections. WAP uses similar security as that used by Internet Banking. It is therefore important to make sure that your cellphone is locked at all times and that the latest software is downloaded to ensure your safety.
- Memorise your PIN, never write it down or share it with anyone.
- Make sure no one can see you entering your PIN.
- Choose an unusual PIN that is hard to guess and change it often.
- Remember, for your own security you are required to re-enter your PIN before each transaction.
- If you think your PIN has been compromised visit your nearest branch and change it immediately.
- Protect your phone content and personal information you saved by using a PIN or Password to access your phone. Do not leave your phone unlocked.
- Do not respond to competition SMS’s or MMS’s.
- If you receive a phone call requesting personal information do not respond and end the call.
- If you use a Smartphone, install an up-to-date anti-virus application to your cellphone. Most banks provides this free of charge to its customers.